December 12, 2011

After long time

I didn't write anything after my last post in July. I thought but I didn't get any time to write in these days. My both sons made me very busy. In these 5 months, there were so many ups and downs.

As I had written in my last post Summer Vacations, that Tanishk's vacations went great in june. But again when his vacations started in August, it was not that great. I tried my best, but this time it became very tough to get him focused on the tasks. Every-time he wanted to go out. He started to show his tantrums - screaming, shouting and crying loudly. He wasn't ready to understand any reasoning. But It was not so bad too.

I followed the activity schedule and gave him rewards on his completion of tasks and good behaviors. He became more aware but was less focused. His sensory issues were major. His nail biting, teeth grinding, touching his toes, picking up nose, pressing his lips, jumping and running here and there, not sitting still, looking from the corner of eye, lying down on the floor, walking on the toes, playing with the wheels instead of cars, pressing the buttons of the gadgets, verbal stim, flipping the books etc.

Tanay is also growing up and seeking my attention especially when I was trying to concentrate on Tanishk. Now Tanay is also not easy to keep busy. He also has started to cry and scream for most of the things. He also wanted everything Tanishk has. He wants to sit where Tanishk is sitting. When I want Tanishk to sit still, Tanay comes and pushes him. Tanishk gets distracted when Tanay makes noises or plays. They make fight for one common thing - car, book, toys etc. Still, they are like that. They both are at same level and wanted to play with same thing at same time. They don't want to share at all.

Now Tanay has grown up strong and has also become very particular about things he wants. If he wants something, then he wants it surely. No negotiations please. It is same for food. If he doesn't want to eat, no one can force or prompt him to eat.

Tanishk's behaviors became more worse now. He had become stubborn. He didn't want to get out from the car or stroller. He didn't like to go anyone's house. We went for Ganesh Puja at my friend's place. Tanishk didn't enter the house and started to scream when we forced him. Tanay got scared and he also didn't get in. My husband had to stand outside with both kids for one hour. Then we decided to leave from there as it was no point to stay there if the kids are not getting in and attending puja.

We went to "Touch Me" museum and both kids were in the strollers. Tanishk didn't take any interest there and just wanted to keep sitting in the stroller & moving. Whenever we stop to see something, he started to scream and just said "I want drive". Tanay enjoyed a lot there.

3-4 months back there was a birthday party in our neighborhood. He started to scream and was uncontrollable. I had to come back with him leaving Tanay with his father. Tanay enjoyed there.

When his behaviors got so much worse and were uncontrollable by ABA therapy too, we thought to stop all his medications and bio-medical supplements. We stopped everything for one week. And then we start with only his thyroid medication and B12 shots. Behaviors were lessened. Yes, something was going wrong. Still there are behaviors but the frequency of those behaviors are lessened. And also became more focused and attentive.

Last week, there was one more birthday party of 2 year old boy. Tanishk went there. He was well behaved. He was sitting on the chair nicely. He also played with piano. So, we were happy that he didn't create any problem there. After coming from there, he said "I want to go to birthday party".

No comments:

Post a Comment