June 2, 2011

Perfect Day

On May 31, Tanishk's behavior was very nice. He was showing such a normal behavior like a typical child. When he came from the school, he asked me for the computer very nicely - "Mumma, I want to get the computer." I asked him to take off his shoes and change his clothes. He followed my instructions very nicely. He got the computer for 10 minutes.

When I said, "computer is all done!", he himself put it off and gave it to me. He didn't scream or shout at all. When I told him to go to take bath, he went to the bathroom. He enjoys playing with water. He doesn't take bath himself. I gave him 10 minutes to play as this was very hot day.

I feel very much happy and relaxed when Tanishk is in good mood and behavior. It was that day. I was so cool and was able to do other household work also. When he is in bad mood, the time just goes in prompting him, keeping him quiet and redirecting him to the good behavior.

After bath, I asked him - "What do you want to eat? Chhole Chawal (Rice and Chickpeas Curry) or Dosa?" He replied - "I want to eat Pasta." I was shocked to hear it as two days before he refused to eat pasta and now he is asking for. I gave him pasta to eat and surprisingly, he ate pasta himself still sitting on the seat and he didn't get up from the seat once.

It was really a great surprise for me as he has habit of moving around here and there when he is eating. He doesn't sit still and also he doesn't want to eat himself. I have to feed him and prompt him to eat on every bite. I gave him computer immediately after finishing his eating, as he was in very good behavior and that was the rare thing.

I gave him several minutes as I was busy in Tanay, his little brother. After done with Tanay, I asked him to shut down the computer and asked him to do his homework. He was so cool and worked on his homework nicely. It was awesome and I felt very great. It was the first time, when I didn't have to do any prompting and thought that he is only a typical child.

It may be a very small thing for others, but for me this was the celebration day. That encouraged me to keep working with Tanishk and not to give up any time at any cost. Thank God for his all the blessings. Thanks everyone who have worked & are working with him and also thanks to them who are his well-wishers. God bless all of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment